Old 30-10-2004, 02:22 PM

good to be paranoid, but could be plain old **** up too.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/oct04/270603.asp
a lot of the problems with registration is people error, the rest... who knows. we
have told our elections people when we vote the "other" people registered at our
house are the previous owners and have moved to Arizona. frankly, I dont think there
is any money for cleaning up (note, not purging) the voting rolls.
Ingrid

"Doug Kanter" wrote:
It's likely I'm being really paranoid, but maybe not. I moved to a new place
recently, and sent in a change of address form over a month ago to the board
of elections. As of two days ago, I'd received nothing, so I called them to
be sure I was registered. Turns out they mutated the name of my street,
which put me in a different polling place. Fortunately, I make copies of
important things before I mail them. I took another look at the form. I'd
printed the information so clearly, it could've been used for the top line
of an eye exam chart. So, one of two things happened. Either someone
torpedoed the application because I'm a registered Democrat, or I was the
victim of an unfortunate fact of life in New York: We allow blind people to
do all sorts of things they shouldn't be allowed to, like have a driver's
license, or work at the board of elections.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.