Old 31-10-2004, 07:59 AM
Avalanche

I know only two days left, but this is gardening?

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 20:45:22 GMT, Salty Thumb
wrote:

RUSH LIMBAUGH TRIVIA
http://patfish.blogspot.com/2004/10/...gh-trivia.html

To All Dittoheads. Think you know Rush Limbaugh? Take the test and
find out if your ditto is really an apostrophe.

What did Rush allegedly do wrong during his stint as an ESPN sports
moderator?

Pat's Answer: "He said some football player named McNabb was over-rated.
McNabb is black and Rush was labeled a racist."

What he said was:

"I think the sum total of what you're all saying is that Donovan McNabb
is regressing, he's going backwards. And...I'm sorry to say this, I don't
think he's been that good from the get-go.

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. I
think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well.
They're interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well; I
think there is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of
credit for the performance of his team that he really didn't deserve. The
defense carried this team...

"I think he got a lot of credit for the defensive side of the ball
winning games for this team."

Around the same time he was being investigated for fraudulently obtaining
a regulated prescription drug, oxycontin. Of course, you won't find any
mention of that on openly biased or stealthly disguised web sites.
(What's with the Hero worship? Are Democratic sites also this
obsequious?)

My guess is he quit under pressure from ESPN (owned by Disney), realizing
they already had enough commentators spouting inane (but at least
socially acceptable ... ka-ching$$$) drivel, some of whom who had even
won sports championships and some of whom who had already been on the
rehab train, or both (Michael Irvin).

Yeah Donovan "4th and forever but prior to this year couldn't complete a
short pass to save his life" McNabb, son of one of the Chunky-bleech soup
moms.