Old 25-10-2004, 08:51 PM
kenty ;-\)

Hi Heather,it could/sounds like mealy bug.These are tough to get rid of.I
would spray/soak the plant with a systemic solution.I am in the U.K,we use
ultimate bug killer which is really good stuff.Were are you from?You want to
do a google search and look for what you have.There are others with more
experience than me who might have other ideas.
Check out the link below for pests.
http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq3640.html

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.
"Heather" wrote in message
om...
Help.. I have some sort of white fuzzy stuff on my indoor plants. It
started on the fronds of a lady palm and has killed both those plants.
Now I've seen it on the orchids both the phalaenopsis (under the
leaves and like fluff where the leaf attaches to the stem) and in
the dendrobiums under the leaves. This morning I noticed it in my
Swedish ivy. The only place that I've not yet seen it is in the
cactuses (in the mammillaria family) and on other hanging type plant
with round waxy leaves and small pink flowers (it was a rescue so I'm
not sure what it actually is).
I've tried washing the orchids with a dawn solution and then rinsing
thoroughly but the fuzz has come back. What is it and what can I do
about it.
Thanks
Heather