Old 31-10-2004, 04:09 PM
jane

Default Strelitzia regina again!

Hello folk

I thought I'd share some good news as there always seems to be
precious little about. A week ago, with fantastic timing, (it was the
day before I was getting married) I went to water the conservatory
plants and found that my 3.5 year old strelitzia regina (sowed May
2001) was growing two shoots, and only one was a new leaf...

My poor fiance wondered why on earth I was dancing about the lounge
yelling YES! at the top of my voice!

What a wedding present. I now look forward to seeing it flower - I
hope it will open before Christmas. It's been suffering dreadfully
with red spider mite this year and maybe it's the stress that's caused
it to flower so early. I don't care!

:-)

--
jane