Old 30-10-2004, 03:41 PM

ascites. you can try the dropsy treatment ... but ascites is usually untreatable so
far. http://www.mu.edu/~buxtoni/puregold/...ame.htm#dropsy

"gng" wrote:

Not much hope here, but I have a 8" goldfish that started bloating a couple
of months ago. At first we all though he was just fat, but now he is
looking a lot like a puffer fish and can no longer swim right side up. The
scales are not sticking out a la a pinecone. They are still flat the his
body. I thought he would be dead after I found him upsidedown a week ago,
but he is still alive and kicking - albeit upsidedown. Local koi store said
"forget about it" and plant him in the garden, but if any of you have any
ideas what this is and if there is any treatment, both the fat fish and I
would appreciate it.

Gary

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/