Old 02-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Allyb

Ok, I've printed the emails and I'm off to start measuring stuff - -

Thanks for the specific info!

Allison

" wrote in message
m...
55 Gallon standard tank
4-32 W 48" flourescent tubes (4100K)
Substrate of laterite under inert gravel
flourish tabs
diy C02 (3 2 liter bottles, replace the oldest every 5 days) according

the chart, I'm usually in the mid-20's
Using PMDD ingredients to fertilize, though not at PMDD rates.

What is my problem? Should I give up on the Eusterallis? I could live
without it, but the algae is driving me insane!! You guys with all the
pictures on the internet make it look so easy.... :-)
Thanks! Allison

Do this:

50% weekly water change
Make sure your CO2 is 20-30ppm when the lights are on, check the pH/Kh
at night before the lights go off. Keep up on the brew changes.

Dose the following:
1/4 teaspoon every other day of KNO3 dry
1/16th of teaspoon(close estimation is fine, divide the 1/4 into 4
parts etc) of KH2PO4 along with the KNO3 every other day

On the off day add: 15mls of TMG, Flourish of the PMDD trace mix.

So macros are dosed 4x a week, traces 3x.

50% weekly water change again and repeat.

Do this and your tank will really grow well.
Eustralis etc will really do well.
No algae etc.
Feed fish well.

You need to add PO4 if you are not adding it.
Watch the tank about 1 hour after you add it.
Tell me what you see.

Clean, prune, clean filter, scrub off any algae first, then do the
water change.
Then add the nutrients back.
Repeat.
In 2-3 weeks the tank will look very nice.

Regards,
Tom Barr