Old 03-11-2004, 06:30 AM
Franz Heymann

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
On 28/10/04 13:57, in article ,

"Franz
Heymann" wrote:

snip

They are both in 60 cm pots against the South wall of our house,

in
moderately, but not severely, windy positions. I just hope they

don't
object to being in the pots too early in their lives.
{:-((
My wife and I fell for lutea when we saw a magnificent specimen at
Trellissick garden in Cornwall a couple of years ago.

I'm not sure if I'm following your correctly but are you intending

to plant
them out into the ground? As you know vigorous is an understatement

for
this rose and they won't be happy in a pot for long!

I realise that they are very vigorous. However, I intend to keep them
in the pots until they show signs of discomfort, when I will take
cuttings and start from scratch.

I think it's one of the best roses there is but it's a little bit

unusual to
a lot of people. It's also a great bonus not to *have* to prune it

more
than the odd bit of tidying up. ;-)

Franz