Old 03-11-2004, 09:03 PM
Sacha

On 3/11/04 20:22, in article , "Franz
Heymann" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
On 3/11/04 15:36, in article ,

"Franz
Heymann" wrote:

snip
Any reason not to plant them in the open ground?

A three inch concrete path against the house. {:-((

I don't think they'll
flower or do their best in pots. Ours covers just about half the
front of
the house and at present has stems waving up in the air way above
the
gutter. But it absolutely drips with flowers when in bloom. It
wouldn't do
any of that in a pot.

Unfortunately I have no alternative. Let's just go on with the
experiment. If they fail, so be it.

I hope they don't! Could you, perhaps, dig a pocket out of the

path?

Ten years ago, I made a hole for a "Schoolgirl" in that path. I found
it very difficult then. I am now 10 years older and just cannot face
it.
{:-((

I can quite see that! But you are obviously 'taken' with Rosa banksiae and
I just want you to enjoy it, as we do enjoy ours. I'm sorry not to be more
encouraging, Franz, because I would like to be, honestly. But in a
container, this rose is NOT going to do what you planted it for. So - back
to square one..........can you employ, coerce, find, pay, bribe or blackmail
someone into making a suitable hole into which this rose can be planted?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk