Old 02-11-2004, 05:09 AM
Les Dowdell

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:09:05 -0600, Jeff wrote:

Is anyone familiar with a source for Akadama in Alberta, Canada? I
have searched high and low on the 'net and have come up empty.

If no sources locally, can anyone recommend a mailorder outlet that
ships internationally?

Thanks.

Jeff,

I know of no supplier of akadama in Alberta. Bonsai clubs in other parts
of Canada that have bigger memberships than the two Albertan clubs (Edmonton
and Lethbridge) will probably be able to get akadama. I do get some
Terra-Green from a hydroponics supply store so that I can make up my
versions of bonsai soil. There are other forms of fired clay that work just
as well but you should carry out the 'overnight water' test to make sure
they will keep their form when wet.

Best wishes in bonsai,
Les Dowdell
In zone 3a where bonsai supplies are VERY hard to find.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++