Old 04-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Phil L

Paul D.Smith wrote:
:: [snip]
::
:: Have you checked with you water company that you don't now need a
:: licence for the system? Last time I asked Thames Water they told
:: me that a hand-held hose was fine but that any sort of sprinkler,
:: system or even the regular "plonk in the middle of the lawn ones",
:: required me to get a licence.
::
:: This may depend on whether you are metered, or not (I'm not) but
:: it's worth checking in case you suddenly get a knock at the door
:: one evening!
::
Highly unlikely!

:: BTW, not long after I enquired, a Thames Water van appeared and
:: sat in our road most of one evening with no apparent activity. My
:: suspicious mind did wonder whether they were watching for unusual
:: water flow. Not that they'd have found any since my garden is
:: "green" and if the plants can't survive on the rain they get, then
:: they don't!
::

They can't 'watch for unusual water flow'