Old 05-11-2004, 02:42 AM
Richard Cline

In article , John
Savage wrote:

I had an old experienced commercial gardener tell me that lemons were
ripe whenever you choose to pick them. They never truely ripen. A
lemon is sour. It is sour when it is yellow and it is sour when it is
green. One of the other posters indicated that the Meyer lemon does
sweeten a bit, but they never get really sweet. You can wait too long
until the lemon starts to dry out on the inside.

Dick

"Bill Moats" writes:
How do you know when a Meyer lemon is ripe? I've had a plant for a
couple of
years in a pot and it has a couple of lemons on it that are turning
yellow.

They are ripe when they look like the ones in the supermarket. :-)