Old 05-11-2004, 03:46 AM
Ook

I added some fertilizer, but later realized it was nothing but chelated
iron. I'm guessing I need a better fertilizer? I put a plant light on the
tank, but that seemed to slow growth, so now I'm running a white flourescent
bulb, and the plant bulb as well part time, but I suspect it might be too
much light over all. I have some lilys that are actully growing well so far,
but I'm afraid that they may get too big for the tank and cover the entire
surface with their leaves - I didn't know they would get so big when I
dropped them in the tank....

"www.Fish-Forums.com" wrote in message
These plants like plenty of lighting and nutrients for fast growth.
try adding a liquid fert as well as weekly water changes

Marc
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______
Want to win a FREE new co2 system or a lighting system check out our
forum for our newest contest coming up

http://www.fish-forums.com

Http://www.aquatic-store.com
On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 19:11:50 -0800, "Ook" wrote:

I have hornswort and frill in a 15 gal tank. Both plants just sit there,
they grew a lot at first, and then slowed down and now they are just
sitting
and slowly turning yellow. Is this part of their normal life cycle? Is
there
anything I can do that won't kill my neons that would help the plants to
grow?