Old 05-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Newt Newt is offline
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa
We have a Kalanchoe plant that someone gave us for the holidays last
December. It bloomed for a long time and I was keeping it indoors under grow lights for awhile in the spring but it wasn't doing well. So I started putting it out in the sun on the porch over this summer and it started thriving. I mean REALLY bushing out and looking great. ( still hasn't
bloomed though, even though I mix plant food with the water most of the time )

But now it's fall and I've read that the plant isn't supposed to be in very cold temps, so I started taking it in at night when the temp is supposed to get below about 40 that night. But last night I accidentally left it out when they said the temp would be around 30. Will it be ok now?

It seems to be, I just hope so, it's a cool little plant.

--
Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.
http://melissasliberty.blogspot.com/

Hi Melissa,
Most Kalanchoe don't like temps below 45*. This site gives the culture info on many different types. Take a look and see if you can id the one you have and you may be able to find out the minimum temps it will tolerate. Do keep in mind that the plants don't read the books, so your plant may still survive.

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...Kalanchoe.html

Good luck,
Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.