Old 04-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Melissa

Default Will my Kalanchoe be ok?

We have a Kalanchoe plant that someone gave us for the holidays last
December. It bloomed for a long time and I was keeping it indoors under
grow lights for awhile in the spring but it wasn't doing well. So I started
putting it out in the sun on the porch over this summer and it started
thriving. I mean REALLY bushing out and looking great. ( still hasn't
bloomed though, even though I mix plant food with the water most of the
time )

But now it's fall and I've read that the plant isn't supposed to be in very
cold temps, so I started taking it in at night when the temp is supposed to
get below about 40 that night. But last night I accidentally left it out
when they said the temp would be around 30. Will it be ok now?

It seems to be, I just hope so, it's a cool little plant.

--
Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.
http://melissasliberty.blogspot.com/

The last best hope for liberty, to give the world its first Bill of
Rights: http://www.UPAlliance.org/billofrights.htm

Old 05-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa
[...]

Hi Melissa,
Most Kalanchoe don't like temps below 45*. This site gives the culture info on many different types. Take a look and see if you can id the one you have and you may be able to find out the minimum temps it will tolerate. Do keep in mind that the plants don't read the books, so your plant may still survive.

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...Kalanchoe.html

Good luck,
Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

[IMG] code is On

Kalanchoe cuttings Franz Heymann United Kingdom 2 18-11-2003 04:03 PM
Ants on my Kalanchoe Hank Gardening 3 02-07-2003 12:08 AM
Kalanchoe tubiflora = Bryophyllum delagoense Cereoid+10+ Gardening 1 05-04-2003 02:08 PM
Kalanchoe tubiflora Frogleg Gardening 0 04-04-2003 09:32 PM
Question about Kalanchoe Blossfeldiana Natty_Dread Gardening 2 06-03-2003 05:15 PM