Old 05-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Rob Halgren

Gene Schurg wrote:

Dada,

I'm kinda partial to the Lc. Mini Purple varieties. There are about a dozen
of them out there with awards and vastly different colors from near white to
purple to reds.

They grow well, grow fast, and reliably bloom.

Hmmm. That wouldn't have been my first choice. But that is in my
hands... I know that a lot of people grow Mini Purple, so it is
probably just me. Actually I have several that are blooming well right
now, after a summer and fall of what I normally would consider horrible
care. Perhaps I baby them too much.

Here are some that grow well for me and are pretty easy to find:

Bc. Maikai (a real weed)
C. Walkerinter (a personal favorite, white), or anything made with C.
walkeriana as a parent
Bl. Richard Mueller (or anything made with it - usually starry shaped
flowers in various shades of yellow)
Dial. Snowflake
Iwan. Appleblossom

And, although I probably wouldn't have bought them myself (I got
about 100 with the greenhouse), I'm becoming increasingly fond of
Otaara. I have three or four varieties, and they are all growing like
little weeds and blooming with what I consider to be quite large flowers
(for the size of the plant) and some very nice colors. Imagine Ctna.
Why Not on steroids.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )