Old 05-11-2004, 11:09 PM
John Bachman

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 14:37:25 -0700, "Jerry Donovan"
wrote:

"Gareee©" wrote in message
Just looking at winterizing...

I bought mine at Walmart, but if you hate them, any pet fish
supply place will do.

It is an indoor pump, so I place it inside an upside down
flower pot (hole sealed up). I also place a small nightlight
inside the flower pot so that condensation doesn't get sent
down the tubing and then plug it up by freezing. (zone 5 here)

Jerry

One other problem that occurs with this type of system is that the
diaphragm in the pump stiffens when cold. That makes it unable to
pump air as deep as it could when warmer.

I do not use this system any more for that reason. I hook the whole
thing up to my air compressor in the garage and it bubbles away all
winter.

John