Old 07-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Mark Anderson

Default Rosemary bush dying (-:

I think I did something stupid. A couple of weeks ago the weathermen
forecast night time temps in the 20s here in Chicago, Zone 5. I panicked
and brought in all the house plants. I also brought in my Rosemary bush
which is 1 1/2 years old, which I nurtured inside all last winter under
fluorescents. I placed the bush under fluorescents and for some reason
it just started dying. There is some green in the leaves but it doesn't
look good, a lot of stems have completely died. The root system is big
and it grew in a 24" wide container. I really hoped I could overwinter
it inside and have it get huge for next summer. Now it looks hopeless.

Does anyone have any idea as to how to save this? I can't believe the
root system would just die off like that. If I cut the entire plant down
will the roots spawn new stems? I since moved the plant from
fluorescents and placed it under my new HID High Pressure Sodium lights
for my indoor winter garden. It gets 14 hours of "sunlight" now.