Old 08-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Beecrofter

are near Lake Erie. I modified my web page with some better pictures.

If it is crown gall, what I have read says there is nothing to be done,
as all the remedies are for application at planting. I have a row of
these as a hedge and they are all very slow growing, almost stunted, but
they are right next to the concrete driveway and my soil is far from
acidic. I'm going to keep any eye on, in particular, the next plant and
if it shows up there I may replace them all. Hate to have to do that
because they are so long becoming productive.

Prune and remove the galls you find, don't panic it is not likely to
become a big pest.
Try to keep the soil on the acid side, mulch with pine straw, shredded
leaves, coffeee grounds, or AGED sawdust.
Prune some branches that are peeling near the ground every year.
Sulfur will slowly acidify the soil ,look into some.
Blueberrise hate salt, mind the snow removal!