Old 08-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Doug Kanter

I almost planted earlier. Throughout 20 years of gardening, I've only
planted bulbs a couple of times, and I guess I got lucky in the past - no
early growth. This year, I've been stopping at a certain garden store for
endless bags of mulch. (My house came with the tacky artificially colored
red stuff). The lady is telling everyone who walks in the door to wait
before planting bulbs. Finally, this weekend, she said NOW!

"Jenny" wrote in message
Doug,

No problem in this part of Zone 5.

It's been so unnaturally warm this fall that my bulb are all sending out
shoots. So are my Irises. Glad I didn't plant anything too expensive.
sigh

-- Jenny

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Planted about 300 bulbs yesterday. No flowers yet, zone 5, upstate NY.

What
the hell's wrong with these bulbs???