Old 08-11-2004, 03:53 PM
Doug Kanter

Default Growing Impatience

Planted about 300 bulbs yesterday. No flowers yet, zone 5, upstate NY. What
the hell's wrong with these bulbs???

Old 08-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Warren

Doug Kanter wrote:
Planted about 300 bulbs yesterday. No flowers yet, zone 5, upstate NY.
What
the hell's wrong with these bulbs???

LOL!

Old 08-11-2004, 06:43 PM
Vox Humana

"Warren" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
Planted about 300 bulbs yesterday. No flowers yet, zone 5, upstate NY.
What
the hell's wrong with these bulbs???

LOL!

Give it six days. That's how long it took to create the universe.

Old 08-11-2004, 06:47 PM
Registered User

Location: Liverpool
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Kanter
Planted about 300 bulbs yesterday. No flowers yet, zone 5, upstate NY. What
the hell's wrong with these bulbs???
You haven't given them enough Scouse Juice
Old 08-11-2004, 08:09 PM
The Watcher

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:53:59 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

Planted about 300 bulbs yesterday. No flowers yet, zone 5, upstate NY. What
the hell's wrong with these bulbs???

Why did you wait so long to post? You should have gotten online within seconds
after putting the bulbs in the ground. If you had no results by then, it was way
too late.

Old 08-11-2004, 08:37 PM
Jenny

Doug,

No problem in this part of Zone 5.

It's been so unnaturally warm this fall that my bulb are all sending out
shoots. So are my Irises. Glad I didn't plant anything too expensive.
sigh

-- Jenny

Old 08-11-2004, 08:38 PM
Doug Kanter

wrote:

Planted about 300 bulbs yesterday. No flowers yet, zone 5, upstate NY.

What
the hell's wrong with these bulbs???

Why did you wait so long to post? You should have gotten online within

seconds
after putting the bulbs in the ground. If you had no results by then, it

was way
too late.

At least I'm having a ball watching the squirrels try to get past the
chicken wire I laid over some of the planting spots. :-) It's driving them
bonkers.

Old 08-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Doug Kanter

I almost planted earlier. Throughout 20 years of gardening, I've only
planted bulbs a couple of times, and I guess I got lucky in the past - no
early growth. This year, I've been stopping at a certain garden store for
endless bags of mulch. (My house came with the tacky artificially colored
red stuff). The lady is telling everyone who walks in the door to wait
before planting bulbs. Finally, this weekend, she said NOW!

Old 08-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Volfie

wrote:

Planted about 300 bulbs yesterday. No flowers yet, zone 5, upstate NY.

What
the hell's wrong with these bulbs???

Why did you wait so long to post? You should have gotten online within

seconds
after putting the bulbs in the ground. If you had no results by then, it

was way
too late.

At least I'm having a ball watching the squirrels try to get past the
chicken wire I laid over some of the planting spots. :-) It's driving them
bonkers.

Oh, those are just the diversion squirrels. The other squirrels are busy
digging a tunnel from 40' back thataway. It even has little squirrel lights
and a trolly track in it, a la Stalag 13.

Giselle (it fools the humans every time)

Old 08-11-2004, 09:44 PM
Doug Kanter

wrote:

[...]

Say it ain't so! :-)

Old 09-11-2004, 08:39 AM
Frogleg

wrote:

Planted about 300 bulbs yesterday. No flowers yet, zone 5, upstate NY. What
the hell's wrong with these bulbs???

Impatiens are grown from seed, not bulbs. Are you sure you didn't
plant turnips?
Old 09-11-2004, 09:47 AM
Cereus-validus.

Not Impatiens, you silly toad.

He's growing impatient with his bulbs.

Its a pun, you wart monger.

Old 09-11-2004, 11:13 AM
Doug Kanter

wrote:

Planted about 300 bulbs yesterday. No flowers yet, zone 5, upstate NY.

What
the hell's wrong with these bulbs???

Impatiens are grown from seed, not bulbs. Are you sure you didn't
plant turnips?

Take a deep breath. Read what I meant, not what I wrote. It's a word thing.
:-)

Old 10-11-2004, 07:32 PM
Frogleg

"Frogleg" wrote

wrote:

Planted about 300 bulbs yesterday. No flowers yet, zone 5, upstate NY.

What
the hell's wrong with these bulbs???

Impatiens are grown from seed, not bulbs. Are you sure you didn't
plant turnips?

Take a deep breath. Read what I meant, not what I wrote. It's a word thing.
:-)

Yes, I got the joke. Yes, I know you were talking about bulbs. Yes, I
know the difference between Impatiens and impatience. Thought
"turnips" would be a clue. Evidently not.

[IMG] code is On

Impatience!!!!!! Roo Australia 1 28-08-2005 01:09 AM
over-wintering nonstop begonias and impatience Ted Gardening 4 23-08-2005 01:58 AM
how to get rid of fast growing grass in low growing lawn? Steve Gardening 1 18-07-2004 06:02 PM
Impatience not Cereus-validus United Kingdom 1 21-04-2004 04:04 PM
Impatience Mike United Kingdom 1 20-04-2004 11:09 PM