Old 09-11-2004, 11:46 AM
Loosecannon

"tigeress" wrote in message
my frangipani does not have any leaves or buds, it was planted early
this year, the ends of the branches look like they are dying. there
is only 3 branches. the plant is about 40cm in height. it flowered
well not long after it was planted

lynne

After growing heaps of these over the last few years not all set roots. It
does happen that the cuttings will have flowers and not have leaves. This
happens because there is enough energy in the cutting to have flowers but
because there are no roots so no leaves appear. The reason the roots don't
appear is because of rot. I find I have a 95% success rate with them
normally. best way of telling is to pinch the base of the cutting. if it is
soft it has rotted and is no good.

You have an exhausted cutting throw it away and start again.

Richard