Old 08-11-2004, 11:15 PM
tigeress

Default frangipani

my frangipani does not have any leaves or buds, it was planted early
this year, the ends of the branches look like they are dying. there
is only 3 branches. the plant is about 40cm in height. it flowered
well not long after it was planted

lynne
Old 08-11-2004, 11:16 PM
tigeress

please can someone tell me what is wrong or what i am doing wrong with
this plant

Old 09-11-2004, 12:50 AM
len gardener

g'day lynne,

was it a growing plant when you planted it? i will guess it was.

you might have to look at availability of water and sunlight, could be
too little sunlight and too much water, or even too little water?

best i can come up with not being able to see the plant.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:17 AM
tigeress

len

if i put a picture in my epson album will that help. if so i will put
the picture in the album tomorrow morning and or can i add the photo
as an attachment here

also when do you fertiliser/feed the frangipani

lynne

Old 09-11-2004, 11:46 AM
Loosecannon

"tigeress" wrote in message
my frangipani does not have any leaves or buds, it was planted early
this year, the ends of the branches look like they are dying. there
is only 3 branches. the plant is about 40cm in height. it flowered
well not long after it was planted

lynne

After growing heaps of these over the last few years not all set roots. It
does happen that the cuttings will have flowers and not have leaves. This
happens because there is enough energy in the cutting to have flowers but
because there are no roots so no leaves appear. The reason the roots don't
appear is because of rot. I find I have a 95% success rate with them
normally. best way of telling is to pinch the base of the cutting. if it is
soft it has rotted and is no good.

You have an exhausted cutting throw it away and start again.

Richard

Old 09-11-2004, 06:15 PM
len gardener

g'day lynne,

could you post the pic in the following group?

alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

i've never fed/fertilised a frangipani, just stick 'em in the ground
and let it go, that's why i can't understand you having problems
unless you soil is so bad or the position of the plant is wrong ie
they need good sun. in the dry they need to be watered but in the wet
they need to be well drained, not in soggy soil.

len

snipped

Frangipani Charlie Wong Australia 13 24-02-2004 05:58 PM
frangipani cuttings Litl Fish Australia 4 06-08-2003 08:42 PM
jpropagating frangipani Litl Fish Gardening 1 06-08-2003 07:32 PM
Wanted Frangipani Cuttings mark williams Australia 2 17-04-2003 11:32 PM
frangipani KH Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:35 AM