Old 09-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Jing Luo

Thanks a lot. It's my first time to grow bulbs so I don't know this kind of
stuff. Is there anything I can do to protect them for the frozen weather in
winter?

"Cereus-validus." wrote in message
. com...
Fooled ya, eh?

Some spring bulbs naturally produce their foliage in the late autumn. Its
normal for them and the leaves typically suffer no damage from winter

cold.

"Jing Luo" wrote in message
I live in Columbus, OH. I buried some spring bulbs (daffodil, iris,

crocus
etc.) around mid Oct.and covered with falling leaves. But several days

ago,
I found some bulbs already begun to grow with leaves coming out from the
soil. Will these bulbs die in the winter? Did I plant these bulbs too

early?
When is the most suitable time to bury spring bulbs in my area?

Thanks.