Old 05-11-2004, 03:29 PM
Rob Halgren

Dada wrote:

Hi all:

I have a friend who likes mini catts. I am planning a "surprise" gift for
her and was wondering what I could get. The only mini catt I can think of is
Slc. Mini Doris. Any suggestions and sources??.

Well, they are extraordinarily popular now (far more than they were
5 years ago, these things cycle). Mini Doris is nice, but by no means
the only option. I have about fifty different crosses myself, and there
are many many more than that out there. Pretty much any vendor you
trust is going to be a good source. Ray won't toot his own horn, but
his plants are good (firstrays.com), or Kenni (jborchids.com). I'm not
trying to exclude any other internet vendor, but these are the only ones
with minicatts that come to mind at the speed of type... I'm sure there
are dozens of others.

Another option is to visit a local vendor in person. That way you
could pick out a plant yourself. Or even better, take your friend
shopping and let her pick out her own plant. That way you get to learn
about minicatts, she gets a plant she really likes, and you all go home
with a trunkload of things you weren't planning on purchasing. If you
tell us where you are, we can tell you a good place to shop. Orchid
show season is starting (this weekend for me), this is another option.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )