Old 10-11-2004, 11:27 AM
Phisherman

On 10 Nov 2004 01:41:32 GMT, (Wishy13764) wrote:

I had them growing outdoors this summer and they were great. I made cuttings
and repotted them into smaller pots. Problem is, even inside they grow
fast..and I expect them to be inside till mid april anyway. How can i keep and
contain them?Someone said to let them grow flower spikes and that would contain
them. Is this true? If it is, than what happens to the plant itself during the
next few months?

It is best not to let them flower (this saps their energy). Here's
what I do... Take 8-10 cuttings of each type and grow them in water
until February. At that time I will either pot them up or take
cuttings again and root them in vermiculite which produces a strong
root system. Keep them bright light as possible during the winter
months. I do the same with Wandering Jew, another prolific annual.