Old 09-11-2004, 02:07 PM
Cam

Anne Lurie wrote:
"Cam" wrote in message
oups.com...
I live in Toronto, zone 5b, and I am getting my pond ready for

winter.
What should I do with my electric fence? Does anyone run theirs

under
the snow? The raccoons don't hibernate and I'd like to keep them

out of
the pond. What do you suggest?

Cam,
I have a Chessie/Lab who really misses snow -- I could send her up

to you!
Unfortunately, the shipping costs would be exorbitant, not to mention

the
cost of feeding the 75 pound beast! (plus she can only sleep on a

human's
bed).
Maybe you should just run the electric fence in the winter.
Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Anne,
I've got a Portuguese Water Dog that would love to play with your
Chessie/Lab. Still, the raccoons come in the middle of the night, even
in winter. Does anyone have any experience running an electric fence in
winter? Will it short out in the snow?
Cam