Old 11-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Tom Randy

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:27:59 +0000, Phisherman wrote:

On 10 Nov 2004 01:41:32 GMT, (Wishy13764) wrote:

I had them growing outdoors this summer and they were great. I made
cuttings and repotted them into smaller pots. Problem is, even inside
they grow fast..and I expect them to be inside till mid april anyway. How
can i keep and contain them?Someone said to let them grow flower spikes
and that would contain them. Is this true? If it is, than what happens to
the plant itself during the next few months?

It is best not to let them flower (this saps their energy). Here's what I
do... Take 8-10 cuttings of each type and grow them in water until
February. At that time I will either pot them up or take cuttings again
and root them in vermiculite which produces a strong root system. Keep
them bright light as possible during the winter months. I do the same
with Wandering Jew, another prolific annual.

Agreed! I LOVE coleus!