Old 12-11-2004, 05:37 AM
Dave

Default to those who have used QuickCure to cure Ich/Ick ...

"Rick" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
... did you do a water change before every treatment, including the

initial
treatments before visible spots left your fish? Or did you only do a

water
change before the treatments that followed (every three or four days for

two
weeks afterwards)?

Thanks.

a water change before the initial treatment does help to remove some of
the
free swimming parasites however is not critical. Water change before each
of
4 treatments, ie" treat day 1, do water change on day 4 prior to
treatment,
treat day 7 and day 10 with water change before treatment. You will likely
not see any spots by the time you go to do treatment 3 however finish the
treatments right to the end.

Rick

The dosage on the back of my bottle of Quick Cure reads 1 drop per gallon
daily until cured. Above you're saying day 1, 4, 7, and 10. I just dosed
my 35 gallon (with tetras and plants so I'm going halfdosage and crossing my
fingers). Should I be dosing everyday...or every 3rd/4th day??