Old 12-11-2004, 02:50 PM

I would like to see data from research not funded by the Am. Lung. Ass. that says
this. Even the prion that causes mad cow disease is destroyed by burning and that
protein is highly resistant to high temperatures like in cooking which is not enough
to destroy it. Ingrid

(Christopher Green) wrote:

wrote in message ...
burning destroys the virus. dont handle tobacco and then handle plants in the
nightshade family. Ingrid

No, there's some viable virus that escaped incineration in the smoke.
The crystalline virus is unusually heat-stable, and viable TMV in
smoke has been reported.

But the main route of transmission is the hands: if you touch tobacco
or anything containing tobacco, wash hands carefully before handling
plants, and expect some infection to get through anyway.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.