Old 06-11-2004, 10:18 AM
K.

Default tobacco lovers

do you know which indoor plant likes tobacco smoke?
my mother is smoking all the time and my indoor plants are nto happy with it

any ideas?

Old 08-11-2004, 01:26 PM
escape

She should smoke outside or not at all. Even plants know polluted air when they
transpire it.

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 08:09:29 +0100, "K." opined:

nobody knows?

Old 08-11-2004, 03:28 PM

I dont have any problem with tobacco and my indoor plants. Ingrid

"K." wrote:

do you know which indoor plant likes tobacco smoke?
my mother is smoking all the time and my indoor plants are nto happy with it

any ideas?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 09-11-2004, 09:01 PM
Melissa

"K." wrote :

do you know which indoor plant likes tobacco smoke?
my mother is smoking all the time and my indoor plants are nto happy
with it

any ideas?

Smoking is hazardous to living things.

--
Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.
http://melissasliberty.blogspot.com/

The last best hope for liberty, to give the world its first Bill of
Rights: http://www.UPAlliance.org/billofrights.htm
Old 10-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Betsy

BetsyB
"K." wrote in message
do you know which indoor plant likes tobacco smoke?
my mother is smoking all the time and my indoor plants are nto happy with
it

any ideas?

I am a smoker and have orchids, african violets, spider plants hoya and a
crown of thorns. All grow well. Forgot the Christmas cactus. I find ferns
and needlepoint ivies don't care much for cigarette smoke but all the others
do well.

Old 10-11-2004, 11:07 PM
Christopher Green

"K." wrote in message ...
do you know which indoor plant likes tobacco smoke?
my mother is smoking all the time and my indoor plants are nto happy with it

any ideas?

TMV in tobacco smoke can infect various plants, mainly those in the
nightshade family (Solanaceae), such as tomatoes and petunias (which
aren't typical houseplants anyway), but also many others. Small white
tile-like patches would indicate that this is a problem.

Other tobacco smoke constituents are not especially harmful to plants,
though they are so harmful to humans that it would be a Good Thing to
do everything you could to encourage her to quit; but if she insists
on smoking anyway, houseplants will help clean the air somewhat.

--
Chris Green

Old 12-11-2004, 02:50 PM

I would like to see data from research not funded by the Am. Lung. Ass. that says
this. Even the prion that causes mad cow disease is destroyed by burning and that
protein is highly resistant to high temperatures like in cooking which is not enough
to destroy it. Ingrid

(Christopher Green) wrote:

wrote in message ...
burning destroys the virus. dont handle tobacco and then handle plants in the
nightshade family. Ingrid

No, there's some viable virus that escaped incineration in the smoke.
The crystalline virus is unusually heat-stable, and viable TMV in
smoke has been reported.

But the main route of transmission is the hands: if you touch tobacco
or anything containing tobacco, wash hands carefully before handling
plants, and expect some infection to get through anyway.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

[IMG] code is On

Tomatoes, Peppers and Tobacco Jenn Vanderslice Gardening 1 23-02-2005 02:38 PM
tobacco lovers K. Gardening 0 08-11-2004 07:09 AM
Tobacco BY-2 Andrew Bowling Plant Biology 0 24-04-2003 05:44 PM
Has anyone ever grown tobacco? [email protected] Gardening 1 05-04-2003 08:20 PM
Has anyone ever grown tobacco? DGiunti Gardening 9 22-02-2003 11:39 AM