Old 12-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Stephen M. Henning

FACE wrote:

Not the encore variety.
In the neighborhood a lot of azaleas are partially blooming.
Enough in my yard that i have an arrangement on the table.
Of course, their big blooming season is early spring.
Anyone else around Zone 7a seen this?

We are getting this also in Pennsylvania with our rhododendrons. Some
of those trying to bloom a Lavender Queen, Kelley, and Wilsonii.
This happens to some extent most years. Since rhododendrons and azaleas
form their flower buds in the spring after blooming, they are set and
ready to open in the late fall but hopefully will wait until the next
spring. Some are easily tricked by weather conditions into blooming
early.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman