Old 12-11-2004, 08:23 PM
Susan Erickson

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:21:58 GMT, "francis marion"
wrote:

Hello:

I've just noticed on the Orchid Digest web page an ad in their Special
Issues section for Vol 67-4.

It deals with Phrags. Does anyone have this issue? Would you mind
providing me with a verbal description of this issue?

Is it mostly text, pictures, both? What are the dimensions, number of pages?
Anything would be informative, I've never seen one of their publications and
am interested in buying this issue.

Thanks,
Francis Marion

ODC does a GREAT job with special additions. Generally the
issues have enough photos to be eye candy and they are very well
done. But they are not photo essays alone. They are well
supported with knowledgeable or is it accepted experts writing
thoughtful articles. We have had a subscription for 4 years and
would not miss an issue.

Specifically Issue 67-4 - pages 206--287 - size - 81/2 by 11
inches.

Cover: Phrag kovachii by Benjamin Collantes Meza in Peru.
back: Phrag Longueville (P. Hanne Popow x P. longifolium) grown
by Orchid Zone; photo by James Comstock.

In this Issue:

pg 213 - Olaf Gruss - A Checklist of the Genus Phragmipedium
pg 242 - Robert-Jan W. Quen`e - Phragmipedium brasiliense, a New
Species of the Section Lorifolia from Brazil
pg 244 - Marilyn LeDoux - Orchids 101 - Phragmipedium Culture
pg 246 - Centerfold - Pinup: Phragmipedium Jason Fischer
'Triplicate'
pg 248 - Harold Koopowitz - Phragmipedium kovachii in the Wild
pg 256 - Harold Koopowitz - The Influence of Phrag. schlimii and
Phrag. besseae in Slipper Orchid Hybrids
pg 265 - Marilyn LeDoux - Those "Other" Phragmipedium Hybrids
pg 275 - Harold Koopowitz - Profile - Terry Root and the Orchid
Zone Nursery
pg 278 - Breeder's Choice - Windy Hill Gardens
pg 279 - Orchids in 3-D
pg 280 - Treasures in Orchid Literature - Part V. in Search of
Phragmipedium vittatum in the Peat Bogs of the Planalto

pg 210 - Cafe - News from around the Orchid
pg 282 - Gallery - photos from a recent Peru trip.
pg 286 - Webwatch - Intriguing places to surf the web
pg 287 - Interactive - try your hand to wind a free years
extension on your Digest membership.

SuE