Old 12-11-2004, 07:21 PM
Sacha

On 12/11/04 6:07 pm, in article ,
"Spider" wrote:

emma wrote in message

Hi I am a student doing a project which needs a all year round colour
border- colour must be yellow and purple.
Does anyone have any ideas. The garden design is for commercial use,
and borders are raised ideal for wheel chair height. All borders are 3-
4 metres in length and upto 1.5 metres wide.

Do you have any ideas for an eye catching focal beds which need to be
stunning and in keeping with the borders.

Thanks for any help! Much appreciated. Please feel free to email me

--
emma

Hi Emma,

It would be a good idea to use foliage plants in purples and yellows (as
well as green) to relieve dangerous clashes.
Some examples a

snip of very useful information

But again - where is this project to be sited? It makes a big difference to
what is suggested. For yellow flowering I'd suggest Euryops but what frost
danger is there in the finished site? We've had it down to -5 here in pots
but I've lost it in a 'hard' winter in Jersey! It's no good offering lots
of ideas if we don't know where the ideas are going to end up!
Emma, let us know where you're working and we can all pitch in probably
rather more helpfully.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk