Old 07-11-2004, 03:27 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Brigitte said:

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message
Jo M said:

When should I plant shallots? I live in Zone 5.

From sets?
Probably the middle of last month (October). About the time you would

have
planted bulbs like tulips or daffodils.

I didn't get my tulips and hyacinth bulbs planted in October. I had to
leave the state for a month and when I got back, October was history. Can I
still plant them?

Do it now! And if you can't do it now, pile some mulch really deep where
you intend to plant them, and store them in the refrigerator crisper until
you can plant them--but don't procrastinate.

(attributed to Don Marti)