Old 13-11-2004, 01:33 PM
Ben Peddell

Default Can anyone identify this Canna?

I've photographed a sample of:
A leaf
A branch with:
two green seed pods
three brown seed pods
a set of three flowers
One seed

This photograph (about 1 megapixel - 245kB) is at:
http://klightspeed.customer.netspace.net.au/100_0052.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone can identify whether it's a C. indica or some
other Canna.

We are in Bowen, Queensland, Australia, and we've been growing them from
seeds collected from the Canna that grew after we started tending the
garden.

Splitting the seed with a hammer reveals a black shell about the
thickness of three 80gsm sheets of paper, then a hard white substance
with a hole on one end, surrounding the about 1/16" diameter plant germ,
which grows out of the aforementioned hole.