Old 13-11-2004, 06:39 PM
Rod

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 12:32:11 GMT, "Dwayne" wrote:

I have read that Brussels sprouts get sweet after being frosted twice. I
would leave them alone until that happens and then start cutting them off
from the bottom up, to allow the top ones a little more time to get bigger.

That's a myth,. I had hoped that accumulated experience would have
killed it off by now, As others have said various varieties mature at
different times but ime they are all worse after being frosted (after
they thaw they start to decompose on the plant). As to size of buttons
- we and probably others had a very dry June/July and if you didn't
keep the plants going well by watering and feeding at that time then
yes you will have small plants and correspondingly small sprouts.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.