Old 14-11-2004, 09:23 AM
Richard Patefield

Jim Lewis wrote:

Well, I've been known to say that if God had meant trees to grow
indoors, She'd have put them there.

I still subscribe to that belief, but my growing collection now
includes a few trees that MUST come inside when temps get to the
low 40s.

I'm amazed this is a crisis for you Jim. All plants belong 'outside'. Do
you worry about your houseplants like this?

For me in zone 9 this is not a crisis of purism or integrity but rather
a question of where I will put my trays of developing material for
serrissa and ficus.

If you really dont want them around Jim, perhaps you could suspend your
light inside a cupboard so you don't have to look at them. They will be
ok there as long as a bit of air occasionally circulates, as I'm sure
you are aware.

regards,
Richard

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++