Old 14-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Mike

From what I understand about phal cold treatments, your plant needs to
be placed somewhere cooler over night (or for a few hours) to initiate
a spike.

I got my first phal last Christmas. My daytime home temp where the
phal is growing is about 22C/72F. I simply opened a window and placed
it next to it and made sure that the temp didn't go below 12C/54F. I
did this for about 3 weeks with no visible changes. After a week of
"giving up", I noticed a spike emerging from the plant.

I also have been giving the plant 10-60-10 fertilizer to boost it's
flower power. :-)

Try it. It may or may not work.

Mike

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:22:49 GMT, "David Adolph"
wrote:

I am new to growing orchids and to newsgroups as well. I have read in a
recent post here of something called "cold treatments". Could anyone tell me
what these are, and do they help orchids to produce blooms?

http://www.usenet.com