Old 14-11-2004, 09:01 PM
wendy7

I also heard this for some Paphiopedilums, the hard leafed ones???

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Reka wrote:
Phals, for example, generally need to have a marked drop in
temperature of about 10°F between day and night in order to bloom.
Others like Cymbidiums do also, but I, not being a Cym grower, am not
sure in this case if it is an absolute temperature (like at least
down to 40°F) or also a temperature drop that they need.
Even others, such as Cypripediums, which grow in temperate climates
need a frost in order to bloom.

"David Adolph" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I am new to growing orchids and to newsgroups as well. I have read
in a recent post here of something called "cold treatments". Could
anyone tell me what these are, and do they help orchids to produce
blooms?

---