Old 15-11-2004, 07:56 AM
David Hare-Scott

"Aprill" wrote in message
u...
: Hi all.
:
: I have started building on my 75acre farm. We chose a spot for the view
: rather than the protection and hence I now have to start thinking about
: windbreaks.
:
: The land is in the Southern tablelands not far from Goulburn, NSW. I'm
: wondering, first, what zone that is... and secondly, a bit of an idea on
: some colourful, fast growing tubestock to plant for windbreak. I'll
: probably throw in a Jacaranda and Macadamia tree if they would work in
: that climate. The house will be subjected to winds from the south, and
: from the north .. at different times of course.
: The back of the house with living areas faces north.
:
: Any advice would be appreciated.
:
: ..aprill

I think you would be zone 8.

The cheapest place to buy tubestock and get good advice on species to plant
is your nearest forestry nursery.

http://www.forest.nsw.gov.au/busines...es/default.asp

They will also send tubes by mail.

I think you are going to be very lucky to grow a Macadamia at sunny
Goulburn.

David