Old 16-11-2004, 06:40 AM
Dan

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:19:59 -0800,
(paghat) wrote:

The enormous garden I'm reworking has a sapling Norway maple planted on
the property line & my first inclination upon spotting it was to get rid
of it. There are hundreds of spots all around this property that need
attention and I have to be conservative about removing stuff that has
already been done, but I just think the future dominance of this tree
could in a decade be a nuisance to maintaining substory plants or fruiting

If the bark is brown and the leaves turn yellow in fall & closely
resemble sugar maples then yes, get rid of it. By the roots, if
possible.

Decade? try a year or two....norways grow 5 feet per year in good
conditions. Buying a true sugar maple to replace it would be a great
idea.

Dan