Old 16-11-2004, 09:03 PM
Cereus-validus...

Now I'm not surprised that Colorado voted for Bush in the last election.

That University of Colorado must be a wilder place than I ever imagined.

If the corn grew to 40', I'm afraid to ponder how long the cucumbers were!
:-o

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
OK. I'm coaxed. I initially thought it was weird, but after thinking about
the recent election, NOTHING seems weird any more. This involved drizzling
menstrual blood on the garden. This friend was involved with some kind of
interesting Wiccan / New Age crew in Colorado, and this ceremony was
supposed to produce 40' tall corn, etc. It didn't, but it was still
interesting to find out what my old friend had been doing since we last
spoke.

"Cereus-validus..." wrote in message
. com...
Hmmm. Maybe you should describe the fertility dance you heard first?

If it is some sorority thing involving fresh produce and young co-eds
dancing around wearing nothing but their panties, it could be
interesting!!!! The garden probably had it bumper crops, if you know

what
mean!!! ;-)

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
For a moment, I thought you were about to describe a REALLY

interesting
fertility dance once described to me by a woman I've known since

college.
It
involved a vegetable garden, but the rest....you'll have to coax it

out
of
me.

"Cereus-validus..." wrote in message
. com...
Now come on Brigitte,

Don't forget to tell him about the secret fertility dance you did to
ensure
germination and a good harvest.

Or do you want to keep the ritual a secret from casual lurkers in

the
group?

Did you substitute a bucket of KFC for sacrificing a live chicken?

Or
do
you
prefer Popeye's?

"Brigitte" wrote in message
No preparation needed. This last summer I purchased a cantaloupe,
brought
it home, ate it, through the seeds out onto my compost heap...2

weeks
later
I had a at least 50 cantaloupe seedlings.

Brigitte

"Peter" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I live in Thailnad where it is not easy to just order things

like
fruit seeds. Could someone point me to a site or explain just

what
need to prepare cantaloupe seeds from a fruit for planting?

Thanks,

Peter