Old 17-11-2004, 08:40 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Atar" wrote in message
I'm sorry, it's hard to tell without a closeup, so my apologies if my

guess
is wrong:

the one on the left, with the pink blossoms, looks like a Cassia to me. It
could be Cassia grandis

http://pharm1.pharmazie.uni-greifswa...ilder/yamasaki
yamas041.jpg

or Cassia javanica

http://www.envirohort.com/cassia javanica.jpg

Sorry I can't find better shots on Google (these aren't mine). The

Javanese
Pink Cassia has fewer leaflets than the Big Pink Cassia from Central
America, 5-15 vrs. 8-20. The entire plant C. grandis is bigger, too (hence
the name I suppose). Both have pink blossoms and are deciduous despite
coming from the tropics.

regards,

Atar

If its not the second its very like it! Many thanks for taking the trouble.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk