Old 17-11-2004, 09:30 AM
Gary

On 11/16/04 10:41 AM, in article ,
"Alan Gould" wrote:

In article , Philip
writes

I do composting to the same scale that I garden. Medium sized garden
= medium sized compost heap. My compost heap is a by-product of my
gardening activity, it is not my raison d'etre.

That's the right way to approach composting for a recreational garden.
By those standards our composting could be described as big time, though
like yours it is just an outcome of the garden it serves. For our two
acre garden, we use four boxes constructed from railway sleepers. The
system is, one making, one maturing, one using, plus one for delivered
horse manure. Pictures and a full description of the system can be seen
in the urg FAQ on composting at:
http://www.nugget.demon.co.uk/MetaFAQ/organic.html
Alan
Thank you for allowing me to visit your composting site. It was amazing.
Mine is similar but, as gardeners all know, different. That is how we
improve on things. Ideas here, there and then mix really well!
Gary