Old 18-11-2004, 02:39 PM
aaalll

Pond is great no problems except raccoon visits.
The water scarecrow no longer scares the critter.
Reason for dumbbell is that it's easier to tie the 1 1/4" hose to. and rocks
in Florida are at a premium :-)

"Crashj" wrote in message
On or about Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:19:38 GMT, "aaalll"
wrote something like:

will putting an iron dumbell (weight that goes on bar) in pond be toxic to
fish? I have to weight down the pump hose that feeds the vege filter to
keep
the raccoon from pulling it out.

And the reason to not use a rock is . . . ?
But I doubt the iron weight plate would be a problem.
We would like to hear more about what is going on in your pond??
--
Crashj