Old 18-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Ann in Houston

That means that the fish will have to be moved
and
I am nervous about stressing them to the point that they develop

infections.
Hi Ann - When my Bro-in-law had to catch the fish in his pond last
year, he found it a lot easier when he pumped the pond way down so he

didn't
have to chase them as much and he said it was a lot easier to catch them
with the net and a lot less stress on the fish than the first time a few
years ago (he lost quite a few fish the first time - none the last time)
Gale :~)

Thanks, Gale. The leaks that are prompting the work have taken care of that
little detail. We have done that, before, and it does help. It will also
make it easier to wade in. It has occurred to me that I should use an old
baby enclosure that uses nylon mesh on a hinged frame. Then, I could just
set it down in the water when the fish are all gathered up in one corner, as
they tend to do. Then, I should be able to just scoop them out with the
tub. That's a start. I hope to get more suggestions here.