Old 18-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Barbara2245

"Gareee©" wrote in message ...
"Ka30P" wrote in message

Okay, let's try that again....
Is this your fellow?
http://tinyurl.com/5p93s

Yep.. at least one of them is. We'll just leave them in the pond.. we've
seen plenty in the stream running through our yard, and seen red crayfish as
well.

I'd stop feeding the fish when the water temp. stays below 55 degrees.
And I'd move the water hyacinth out when it gets nipped by the first frost
or
whenever I had the time (don't like the idea of working out by the pond
when it
gets that cold...!)

As I recall some one said salamanders only go to the pond to breed.
They will take care of themselves. Before I found them in the window
wells and one year a mother and baby died or was found dried up. So if
found there I move them. Happy water gardening.

The WH will just go in the compost heap.. I've heard you really can't winter
them practically.

I might leave 1 or 2 in the pond, and see if they'll make it themselves...