Old 14-11-2004, 01:16 AM
Ben Peddell

starlord wrote:

It's a very old canna, one of the true types and I got it while living in
Hawaii and now maket it as Tiki Torch canna.

Thankyou.
I notice that the Tiki Torch has purple near the flowers. I cannot see any
purple on any of our cannas.

I was asking because I was wondering whether anyone could identify whether
it's an edible one or just an ornamental hybrid.
Appearantly, the rhizome of C. indica / C. edulis is full of arrowroot-like
starch.

I guess that there are _lots_ of different Canna hybrids around, which makes
it hard to tell exactly what type of Canna it is.