Old 17-11-2004, 01:02 PM
Ray

My guess is that it's a matter of the connection speed and video card you
have.

For me, the auto refresh is almost instantaneous, with the audible click
being more prominent than the redraw.

..
"J Fortuna" wrote in message
Ray,

Excellent!

Though I would say that the non-automatic refresh version is for everyone,
no matter how fast or slow the connection. It actually gives one the
choice
to refresh when one is ready for it. The 10-second refresh reminds me of
all
those "features" of software that actually annoy more than help, such as
MS
Word capitalizing the first word on a line after a hard-refresh or
changing -- to bullets automatically those features really annoy me. There
was a great cartoon about requirements for a swing, and what the user
wanted
and what the developer planned and executed -- I'm too tired to find it
now.
Anyway, the chat seems very functional now that it doesn't do the annoying
auto-refresh, and I look forward to trying it out some more in the future.

Best,
Joanna

"Ray" wrote in message
For folks who don't have fast connections, there's another way to view
the
chat so that you refresh it when you want, rather than it automatically
refreshing every few seconds.

The links for both are under the "Free Services" link.--

.