Old 19-11-2004, 02:16 PM
Dwayne

What kind of birds do you want to attract? Some wrens like houses under
your house eaves. Some birds want to be out in the open (blue birds). All
birds don't like the wind blowing into the opening, or the sun shining in
during the hot part of the day.

I think under the eaves would be fine. I nail or screw mine there or onto
the side of a tree. They work very well except for the occasional snake
that makes its way up the tree and into the bird house.

Most importantly, set them where you can observe and enjoy the birds without
bothering them.

Have fun and Enjoy.

"laura" wrote in message

I can't find anywhere that tells me how to do this
I have several medium sized trees in a woody area which I think is the
best site - and I have 2 boxes ( not sure what they are but they don't
have round holes so I suppose they're bat boxes) & I can't see how
they're fixed

Is it Ok to nail/screw - I'd prefer not to - & if not then how?

I have a shed with eaves which is quite high off the ground - but is it
an issue under the eaves where things can reach down from the roof? (
they could get access via next door's oak tree)

--
laura